About the Test
☑ The test is composed of 25 questions.
☑ You have 40 minutes to submit your answers or otherwise if you didn’t complete within the 40 minutes, the test will be submitted automatically.
☑ A timer on the top of the questions’ table is shown to remind you of the remaining minutes.
☑ By the end of the test you will be able to see your result and check all questions and their answers.
☑ To start the test, scroll down and click on “Start Quiz”
0 of 25 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
You Reached the End of the Test.
14. At the end of each day, the owners of a local fruit stand tabulate the following information in a CSV file.
– Name of fruit
– Count sold that day
– Count remaining in sellable condition
Sample data from one day are shown here:
2016-08-18, Apples, 12, 25
2016-08-18, Cucumber, 5, 6
2016-08-18, Peaches, 1, 9
2016-08-18, Watermelon, 1, 4
Which of the following COULD be determined using only the information in the CSV file?
I. The types of fruit that need to be re-ordered
II. Most popular fruit among men
III. Average number of each type of fruit sold per month
15. Which of the following statements about data analysis and processing is NOT true given modern computing technology?
16. Which of the following statements about compression are true?
I. Compression is only useful when transferring files over a network
II. After a file is compressed, it can never be restored to its original state without some loss of information or quality.
III. In some situations, it is more appropriate to use lossy data compression rather than lossless data compression.
17. A team of students is working on a project for science class. For the project, the students keep track of the weather forecast for 30 days. Each day they record the date, the weather forecast for that day, and whether the forecast was essentially correct for that day. Which of the following pieces of information is NOT metadata, but actual data about the daily weather?
2. What is the minimum number of binary place values required to store the sum of the decimal numbers 5 and 9?
18. Consider the following compound Boolean expression:
( a ≠ 3 ) AND ( a ≠ 4 ) AND ( a ≠ 5 )
For which of these values of a is the expression false?
3. Which of the following is the best description of the term. “Abstraction”?
19. Which of the following is the best example of sequencing?
4. Which of the following only requires a single bit of storage to represent the data?
20. What affects the ability of a program to process large data sets?
Select two answers.
5. Which of the following is the equivalent decimal number of 1111?
21. Which of the following statements are true about using a low-level programming language instead of a high-level programming language?
I. Programs written in a low-level language are generally easier for people to read than programs written in a high-level language.
II. A low-level language provides programmers with less abstractions than a high level language.
III. Programs written in a low-level language are generally harder to debug than programs written in a high-level program.
Which of the following is considered a number system?
22. You are an intern at a construction company and you need to prepare a presentation on the work you have completed. Your presentation will include information about the company’s projects and revenue, your role as an intern, and the projected future of the company. Which of the following applications will be LEAST useful in organizing and analyzing data for this research?
7. Meteorologists would use a computer simulation of weather patterns for which of the following reasons?
Select two answers.
23. What would z be at the end of this procedure if a = 2 and b = 7?
8. Which of the following about bits is NOT true?
I. A bit is a single unit of information with two options
II. A bit is used less often than binary digits to represent numbers
III. A byte is another word for bit
24. Which of these is NOT a computing-related innovation for the medical field?
9. Consider the following incorrect program above, which is intended to move the robot around the perimeter of the grid below, as indicated by the arrows.
Which lines of code should be removed so that the program will work as intended? Select two answers.
25. Which of the following should be considered when making an ethical decision concerning an innovation?
Select two answers.
10. Suppose you have a hand of standard playing cards. Which of the following operations, performed by an algorithm, would most likely use both selection and iteration?
A computer science student is writing a program to help his administration search for a particular student from an unsorted list of all students in his school.
Which of the following statement is true?
12. What does the binary sequence 1010 1101 1101 represent in a computer?
13. Which of the following is NOT true of algorithms?